Grey Innovation’s Executive Chairman, Jefferson Harcourt, is excited to be a part of the newly established Victorian Government Innovation Taskforce bringing together startup companies, universities, businesses, and the investment community.
The taskforce will advise Government on programs to develop local tech talent, support local entrepreneurs and startups to scale, advance priority and emerging industry sectors and promote Victorian innovation to the world, driving economic growth and creating jobs for the future.
The taskforce includes experts from across the Victorian innovation community, including:
• Judy Anderson – chief executive, Startup Victoria
• Kerri Lee Sinclair – chief investment officer (technology and innovation), Kin Group
• Lusia Guthrie – chair, BioMelbourne Network
• Gavin Smith – president, Robert Bosch (Australia)
• Rachel Yang – investment manager Giant Leap Fund, Impact Investment Group
• Jefferson Harcourt – founder and director, Grey Innovation Group
• Rick Wingfield – global chief technology officer, Catapult Group International
• Amy Foo – managing director Australia/NZ, Zendesk
• Kee Wong – founder and managing director, eCentric Innovations
• Jessica Box – marketing director, Finch, and managing director, Girls in Tech (Australia)
• Didier Elzinga – founder and chief executive, Culture Amp
• Dr. Andrea Douglas – senior vice-president organisational transformation and external affairs, CSL Limited
• Dr. Ben Spincer – executive director (research, commercial and innovation), Deakin University (Geelong)
Grey Innovation’s Executive Chairman, Jefferson Harcourt, commented “It's all about sustained growth in tech - as good ancestors we must leave a modern, competitive economy for our grandchildren. There's a global race on and we're a long way back from pole position. Apparently, we rank 20th in innovation economies - I suspect it's lower if you remove the large R&D spend from the mining companies”.
You can read the complete press release at https://lnkd.in/g9mS_tu